mardi 27 septembre 2011

Les Passages Couverts Paris

The Saturday before last I went with my Rotary club to see les Passages Couverts in Paris.  I know this post is a bit late coming, but I forgot my camera that day, so I had to wait for lovely people from the Rotary club to send me their pictures before I could post.  Thank you to Micheline for sharing the pictures I've posted here.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with les passages (as I was before I saw them), they are basically shop-lined streets covered by glass roofs and (of course, since this is Paris) decorated with beautiful art.  The tour guide of course said everything in French, which I couldn't understand because she spoke very fast, but the Rotarians were very helpful in doing their best to translate for me, and with their pretty good English and my very little French, I was able to learn some interesting things.  However, the most interesting part of the day was by far the beautiful art, so, without further ado, here are the pictures!















Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire