dimanche 4 septembre 2011

Maison Van Gogh




 Okay, this is going to be a quick post with mostly pictures, because I really need to clean my room.  So basically, the day before we visited Paris my host mom and sister took me to Van Gogh's house, which is about 20 minutes from my house.  This is the house he lived in for the last 60 days of his life, where he did his best work and also where he died.  It was an incredible thing to be standing in the room where Van Gogh died.  I almost cried.  It was very intense.  We also walked around the village, Auvers-sur-Oise, which is quite gorgeous.  So, without further ado, here's the pictures!

Lovely corner of Auvers-sur-Oise...
Me, standing on a stairway in said lovely corner....
And Van Gogh's painting of said lovely corner!
The Hotel de Ville of Auvers-sur-Oise....
And Van Gogh's take on the Hotel de Ville of Auvers-sur-Oise!


Me in front of the Auberge Ravoux, where Van Gogh rented a room for the last 60 days of his life.  He lived in a small room upstairs.  
 I have a lot more pictures which I think I will post as I get the chance...Pictures just take so long to upload, and it's hard to sit for an hour on the computer to make a blog post when I could be doing so many other things here!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire