jeudi 10 novembre 2011

Update

Nothing extremely eventful has happened recently, just spending time in Paris, learning French, going to school...Life on exchange.  Every moment is worth noting, but after a while so many notable moments happen that you can't note them all anymore.  If that makes sense.  I guess this is just a general update, since I haven't written anything in a while and I don't want to be neglectful...So here's a sample of some of the stuff I've been up to.  Unfortunately, no pictures, because I STILL don't have my camera (Beauvais is a loong ways away). 

I realized the other day that on Thanksgiving I will have been in France for three months to the day, which is an interesting coincidence.  I've had a lot of rebounds tell me that things change after three months, so it'll be interesting to see if that's true.

Last weekend I spent a lot of time in Paris, in le Marais district with some other exchange students.  I got falafel there for lunch two days in a row, and the falafel there is the best I have ever tasted.  I believe the rumor that le Marais is the best place to get falafel outside of Israel.  Although, having never tried Israeli falafel, I can't say for sure.  Guess I'll just have to go to Israel and find out!

Last weekend I also bought a Paris map booklet which is exceedingly useful.  And also interesting...Is it weird that I like reading my map of Paris for pleasure?  It's just so fascinating to see how it's all laid out, and I think it's good to have a general knowledge of where stuff is.  I'm excited to get to know Paris better.  It's such a delicious feeling to know off the top of one's head which metro line is the best to get to the Louvre (It's Line 1, by the way), or how to walk from the Hôtel de Ville to Notre Dame without getting lost...how insane is that, getting to know stuff like that that only comes from spending time in a city?

I'll be going to Noyon, the town where Charlemagne and Hugh Capet were both crowned and where John Calvin was born, in the last weekend of the month.  Rotary is doing a trip there for all the Paris students, so hopefully I'll get my camera back then!  Then I will take lots of pictures of everything to make up for lost time.

I can't think of anything else to say, so I guess I'll sign off now.  Until next post!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire